Are You Concerned?
How do you know if a loved one needs care? Click here for indicators to watch for.
Avoiding A Crisis.
A crisis can arise at anytime. Click here to learn how The Caring Heart can help you.
Annice Davis-White’s passion for providing loving care to the senior population has spanned more than 40 years. Not only did she help care for her elderly grandmother as a child, but Annice has also been a long-distance caregiver for her mother and was a caregiver to a maternal aunt. Caring runs deep in her spirit and has manifested throughout her career.
Annice is a professional Aging Life Care Manager and holds a Master’s Degree in Gerontology. She has served as:
- A Medical Geriatric Social Worker
- An Aging Advocacy Representative
- Director of the Area Agency on Aging
- Administrator of a Long-Term Care Facility in the Kansas City area
Our staff has backgrounds in gerontology and social work, as well as nursing. We require a minimum of 3 years experience caring for the elderly or the disabled. We have an extensive interview and screening process and are insistent on reliability, accountability, punctuality and flexibility.
History and Purpose
“I wanted to make sure people were cared for the way I would want someone to care for my parents,”
– Founder, Annice Davis-White
The Caring Heart was founded in 2000 when Annice realized as an administrator, she was not as directly involved in providing truly personal care as she desired to be.
Our approach to caring for seniors is comprehensive and personal:
- We are locally owned and operated, and not a franchise, nor part of a larger company. This means that all decisions are made personally by our owner and her staff.
- We take the time to truly understand every situation before deciding what care is needed. We know the resources in Kansas City and nationally that are available to seniors and their families.
We serve the greater Kansas City Area with special emphasis on Johnson and Wyandotte Counties in Kansas and Jackson, Cass and Clay Counties in Missouri.