Annice Davis-White’s passion for providing loving care to the senior population has spanned more than 30 years. Not only did she help care for her elderly grandmother as a child, Annice has been a long-distance caregiver for her mother and was a caregiver to a maternal aunt. Caring runs deep in her spirit, and has manifested throughout her career.
Annice is a professional Aging Life Care Manager and holds a Master’s Degree in Gerontology. She has served as:
- A Medical Geriatric Social Worker
- An Aging Advocacy Representative
- Director of the Area Agency on Aging
- Administrator of a Long-Term Care Facility in the Kansas City area
From 2012-2015, Annice served on the Board of Directors of the Aging Life Care Association (ALCA), including their National Ethics Committee and National Marketing Committee. She is the recipient of the Outstanding Chapter Member Award, presented in recognition for her dedication and devoted service to further the profession of geriatric care management. She also served on the Midwest Chapter of ALCA from 2008-2015.
Annice has built a service that provides loving care to the senior population based on both her passion and concrete knowledge.
Annice is a native of Texas but has lived in Kansas City for over 40 years. She is married and has two grown sons.
Our staff has backgrounds in gerontology and social work as well as nursing. We require a minimum of 3 years’ experience caring for the elderly or the disabled. We have an extensive interview and screening process and are insistent on reliability, accountability, punctuality and flexibility.
History and Purpose
“I wanted to make sure people were cared for the way I would want someone to care for my parents.” – Founder, Annice Davis-White
The Caring Heart was founded in 2000 when Annice realized as an administrator, she was not as directly involved in providing truly personal care as she desired to be.
Our approach to caring for seniors is comprehensive and personal:
- We are locally owned and operated, and not a franchise nor part of a larger company. This means that all decisions are made personally by our owner and her staff.
- We take the time to truly understand every situation before deciding what care is needed. We know the resources in Kansas City and nationally that are available to seniors and their families.